Study in USA

The United States of America (also referred to as the United States, the U.S., the USA, the States, or America) is a federal constitutional republic comprising fifty states and a federal district. The country is situated mostly in central North America, where its forty-eight contiguous states and Washington, D.C., the capital district, lie between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, bordered by Canada to the north and Mexico to the south. It is the world’s 4th largest country by area & 3rd largest by population.

Population: Approx. 31.5 Crore (315 mn)
Capital: Washington, D.C.
Area: 9,826,675 km2
Language: English
Religion: Christianity
Currency: US $
Life Expectancy: 79 Years
GDP per Capita: $ 48,386
Literacy Percent: 99%
HDI: 3
Other Important Cities: New York City, Los Angeles, San Diego, Florida, Las Vegas, Boston, Chicago, San Jose & Houston.

Why study in USA

Your study and stay in US will be a great experience; you will be able to share your knowledge with the best brains, since scholars from all parts of the world come here for study or work. You will also be fortunate enough to learn about different cultures of the world as you will find communities from different sections of the society within the campus.

Worldwide Recognition

The United States has worlds’ top notch institutions. These institutions are leaders in terms of course curriculum and training quality in what they offer. The quality of education offered in the US colleges and universities is compared as best in the world. The certificate and degree earned from a US college / university is considered as Hallmark to further career path.


The main intakes offered by Universities are in September/October and March/April. Some colleges may also have intakes in


Most international students in the United States hold an F-1 visa, which is the U.S. non-immigrant student visa. F-1 students are allowed to work in the United States, but only under certain conditions and in accordance with complex guidelines and restrictions issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).

Generally, all employment is contingent on remaining within the terms and restrictions of your F-1 visa. There are several categories of employment during the term of your stay as an F-1 student in the United States. On-campus employment is the most freely available, and then there are four categories of off-campus employment: curricular practical training (CPT), optional practical training (OPT).

A full-time degree student can work up to 20 hours during term-time and full-time during vacations on-campus;

You can apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) after being enrolled for at least 9 months, but you cannot begin employment until you receive your Employment Authorization Document (EAD) from USCIS and you have been enrolled for at least a year.

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is an off-campus employment option which is an alternative work/study, internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required internship or practicum that is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with the school. To qualify, the work experience must be required for your degree, or academic credit must be awarded.

A student can earn from $8 – $12 per hour i.e. $640 – $960 per month.

If you want to stay in the US for a longer period of time, you will have to get a company to sponsor you for an H-1B non-immigrant visa. This will allow you to remain employed at that company for three years.

    Mentor Institute

    We provide an excellent bridge for all those valuable students who are willing to pursue their further studies abroad.

    We always aimed of facilitating our students with the best education provided in overseas in an affordable cost in their desired country. We have completed glorious 16 years with high record of successful visa in the renowned countries like UK, Australia, USA, Ireland & many more.

    New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
    tel: +977 1 4490063, 2040650